Join Dan Schutte in a virtual novena for Pentecost on the Feast of the Ascension. Let us join those first disciples in these nine days of prayer, a way for us to be together even while we are separated by space.
Today is Day One please click here
WE PRAY FOR CHARITY
- Four suggested steps:
- Place yourself in the presence of God.
- Close your eyes. Take some slow, deep breaths. Imagine that you are enveloped by the unconditional love of God.
- Ask for the grace you desire today.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit may teach you to give and receive the selfless love that is charity, that you may learn to love as Jesus our Brother showed us by his example.
- Spend time in prayer and with the song.
- Pray as you feel drawn, either sitting in silence or listening to the song. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Distractions are normal for all of us. God smiles on our small efforts without judgement or shame.
- Pray in gratitude.
- In your own words, express a simple prayer of thanks to God.