Purpose: The Gospel Fund of the Atlantic-Midwest Province is established for the purpose of assisting in the financing of projects whose goals are consistent with our congregational mandate to reverence all creation and make the concerns of the poor our own.
1. As SSNDs we are "especially sensitive to youth and women and are impelled to prefer the poor" (YAS C24). "A particular concern of all our ministries is the establishment of a just society" (YAS GD33). Therefore, priority will be given to projects that address these concerns.
2. We will support projects which are consistent with our goals and endorsed by a member of the Atlantic-Midwest Province of the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
3. An organization will receive funds only once in a fiscal year, July 1 - June 30. Once funded, it will then be necessary to wait two fiscal years before reapplying for a Gospel Fund grant.
4. Only applications received by the due date will be considered.
5. No later than one year from receiving a grant, recipients must submit a report of how the funds were used. Status of reports will indicate eligibility for further funding.
6. Ordinarily, $5000 will be the maximum amount granted to any one project in a fiscal year.