We have an excellent opportunity available for a Technology Coordinator at our Baltimore location. Please forward your resume or send questions for information to email@example.com. Please review the following job description details on the position:
Position Job Description:
The Baltimore Area Sr. Technology Coordinator provides lead technical support for the local area as well as collaborative support for the greater School Sisters of Notre Dame Atlantic-Midwest Province. S/he provides direct hands-on support of computers, networks, and peripheral devices for SSND sisters and lay staff.
The Sr. Technology Coordinator is a member of the technology department of SSND’s Atlantic-Midwest Province, which covers the whole of the US east coast, Chicago and all of Canada, with some users living outside province boundaries in other states and countries. The Baltimore area Technology Coordinator will primarily work locally but will engage in enterprise-wide support projects with technology staff members in other areas to set goals, provide a standard of service, provide remote help for those without local IT support, and maintain mutually shared resources.
• Excellent customer service skills: calm, tactful, supportive, and patient with a range of user abilities
• Technically proficient in Microsoft operating systems, internetworking protocols, server and other file-sharing systems, office applications, tablets and smartphones, and data communications; experience in A-V systems and video-editing preferred
• Experience troubleshooting network connectivity, wireless issues, audio-video performance, printing issues, and system freezes
• Ability to work collaboratively with technology colleagues both on- and off-site
• Ability to work with other departments to develop technology infrastructure for departmental projects and to understand data retrieval and reporting in a range of programs
• Ability to work without an onsite supervisor giving daily, direct assignments and to function effectively amidst interruptions and fluctuating workloads
• Good organizational and communication skills; ability to maintain good documentation records and report workflow goals and performance to offsite director
• Willingness to travel, both locally to care for computers in SSND homes, and occasionally across the US and Canada to attend meetings, conferences, and workshops (passport required)
• Willingness to keep updated on current developments in technology, particularly those involving security, operating systems, healthcare applications, emerging file-sharing technologies, audio-visual systems, video-editing, and mobile systems
• Experience supporting technology in a health-care or senior field a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or industry certification, or five years prior experience in supporting users, networks, and computer systems
Job Type and Accountability:
This is a full-time position with an annual review by the Wilton, Connecticut-based Technology Director. Work hours are generally standard office hours, with flexible overlap scheduling with other staff members to ensure coverage for times of peak user need. Some weekend and evening hours are occasionally required during special events or to provide support for critical systems.
• Perform duties in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values, and policies of the School Sisters of Notre Dame
• Work with the Province Technology staff and user community to design, implement, and maintain technology infrastructure including network servers, email services, computers, local network, wireless access, and Internet & VPN access.
• Provide technical assistance to users and guests in the local office and as assigned.
• Effectively oversee work tasks for local team members.
• Lead projects by managing and providing information on estimates, schedules and planning.
• Work closely with vendors and contractors to ensure projects stay within budgeted cost.
• Contribute in tracking the Baltimore location’s support and satisfaction.
• Act as a secondary escalation point of contact for the Technology team.
• Provide support to SSND sisters in their homes in the Baltimore area and, in conjunction with other AM technology staff members, provide remote support for AM sisters in their homes or in their travels elsewhere
• In conjunction with the rest of the AM technology staff, provide A-V support for Assembly live-streaming three weekends a year, and other special province streaming events as directed
• Oversee the installation and maintenance of software applications in a way that assures availability to users when needed and follows departmental standards and protocols. Ensure that data is stored safely and in a confidential manner as required by industry best practices and government regulations
• Ensure ongoing system maintenance tasks, including the backup of mission-critical data in accordance with departmental guidelines
• Cross-train with other technology staff members and volunteers to ensure that all mission-critical systems have a mesh of support staff who are able to address problems
• Serve as contact with professional service agents for repairs not performed in-house at the local site and with major transitions in service
• Maintain appropriate and adequate data communications within and between offices, serving as liaison with outside service providers
• Research and implement emerging communication technologies as directed
• Attend staff meetings, both in person and via video conference
• Maintain records and documentation as directed by the director
• Work with director to estimate local budgetary expenses and track and code expense actuals as directed
• Oversee process to recycle or dispose of unneeded hardware and software in accordance with departmental standards and applicable government regulations
Perform other duties as requested to facilitate the smooth functioning of the office
Job Type: Full-time