Our mission to educate the whole person has led School Sisters of Notre Dame out of the traditional classroom and into a world in need.
Our sisters work in many places that serve people who live poverty and on the margins of society, helping them further their education, find employment, or provide nutritious food for themselves and their families. We recognize that education of a whole person doesn’t stop when a person finishes formal schooling. Responding to the needs of ever-changing dynamics in our global society, today’s sisters in the Atlantic-Midwest Province bring the unity of Christ’s love to our broken world in a variety of ways.
- Caroline Center
- A learning/career center offering holistic education and career skills training programs to women in Baltimore, Maryland - https://caroline-center.org/
- Caroline House
- An education/guidance center enabling women and children to reach the fullness of their potential through education in English language and life skills in Bridgeport, Connecticut - http://www.thecarolinehouse.org/
- Corazón a Corazón
- A language/educational center offering one-on-one ESL tutoring and an After-School program to the Latino community in Chicago, Illinois - https://www.corazon-chicago.org/home.html
- Notre Dame Learning Center
- A tutoring center addressing the needs of children in Rochester, New York - https://ndlcenter.org/
- School Sisters of Notre Dame Educational Center
- An empowering educational center for women of all backgrounds in Queens, New York - https://www.ssndecwomens.com/
- A temporary home for women seeking recovery from substance abuse in Chicago, Illinois - https://www.sisterhousechicago.org/
SSND Gospel Fund of the Atlantic-Midwest Province
The Gospel Fund of the Atlantic-Midwest Province is established for the purpose of assisting in the financing of projects whose goals are consistent with our congregational mandate to reverence all creation and make the concerns of the poor our own. Click Here to learn more about the Gospel Fund and how to apply.