As an SSND Associate you will become part of a group of women and men who are connected to the spirit and vision of Blessed Theresa of Jesus as embodied in the living community of School Sisters of Notre Dame in the world today.
Together, Sisters and Associates strive to live out the values of the Gospel of Jesus Christ within the lifestyle to which each is called and to support and enrich each other with their unique gifts.
An Associate enters into a formal relationship with the SSND community in the form of a covenant: an exchange of promises between the Associate and the community that is renewable annually by mutual agreement.
The Associate promises:
- to deepen personal and communal prayer
- to participate in appropriate local and regional activities (prayer days, extended faith communities, social justice actions, province and
- to live the spirit of SSND in her/his respective lifestyle
- to extend the spirit of the Gospel of Jesus Christ into service for God’s people.
- The community promises to share SSND heritage, spirituality, mission and ministry, and lived experience with the associate.
- In practice, as their time and preferences permit, Associates gather with other Associates and Sisters, attend appropriate province events, work with SSNDs in various ministries, engage in social justice activities with SSNDs and other associates and volunteer their time at SSND care facilities or outreach ministries.