The Ministry Formation Program
The Ministry Formation Program is designed to educate, form and support lay leaders co-ministering with the School Sisters of Notre Dame of the Atlantic-Midwest Province.
Participants will learn about SSND's unfolding charism, mission and educational vision and explore ways to integrate these into their ministry in SSND sponsored ministries, province departments and continuum of care centers.
They will also meet with others who work in similar SSND ministries and will have opportunities to nurture their own spiritual lives.
The program serves:
- Board chairs, administrators, and other selected leaders of SSND sponsored ministries;
- Province department directors;
- Administrators of SSND continuum of care centers
Components of the Program:
- Leaders are able to meet one-on-one with a member of the Ministry Services team to explore SSND values, charism, mission and educational vision and how they apply in their places of ministry
Ministry Formation Sessions
- Together with others in key leadership positions, participants learn more about SSND charism and culture, Catholic social teaching, justice and peace, and spirituality and prayer.
"Claiming the Fire Within" Retreat
- This time is dedicated to deepening SSND themes, communal prayer, quiet reflection, and small-group sharing.
- Visits to significant SSND sites in Bavaria, Vienna, and Rome and meetings with sisters in their places of ministry, provides the pilgrim with a unique, first-hand perspective of SSND's foundations, internationality and ministries.
Upcoming Sessions and Retreats
2022 - 2023
- March 4-5, 2022
- Ministry Formation Session 4, Virtual
- October 21 - 22, 2022
- Ministry Formation Session 1, In-Person or Virtual
- March 3 - 4, 2023
- Ministry Formation Session 2, In-Person or Virtual
- October 20 - 21, 2023
- Ministry Formation Session 3, In-Person or Virtual
Click to open PDF on Ministry Formation Sessions and Retreats
- June 28-30, 2022
- Proclaiming the Fire Within at Cranaleith Spiritual Center, Philadelphia
For more information, please contact:
- Yvonne DeBruin, Director Ministry Services, 410-377-7774 x1153 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrick Laorden, Associate Director of Ministry Services, 203-762-4113 email@example.com